Welcome to James Haddock art.

A mixed media Texas artist shares contemporary abstract art.



You are sure to enjoy these colorful, one-of-a-kind, never to be duplicated paintings. All created in my Texas studio.





http://www.jameshaddock.com/




Tuesday, December 13, 2011

This self portrait is a work in progress.  Lots of tweaking to do, it is time consuming, a real challenge, but once I start I can't stop doing it or thinking about it.  I started this in Nancy Standlee's Granbury workshop, but with Dr. appointments, Christmas, oh, where does the time go.  It is super fun to do and I won't stop until it looks better.  Quite satisfied, however, with the progress I have made the last two days.

I will be working more on the eyes, on the glass lenses (can't quite decide if I will leave the watches as part of the lenses), and then I will add to the background things that identify me, for example, cars, watches, art and other personal items.

1 comment:

  1. It was great having you in the workshop and your portrait is looking good. I haven't completely finished the demo piece either as I need to work on the eyes some more also.

    ReplyDelete