Welcome to James Haddock art.

A mixed media Texas artist shares contemporary abstract art.



You are sure to enjoy these colorful, one-of-a-kind, never to be duplicated paintings. All created in my Texas studio.





http://www.jameshaddock.com/




Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Layering of texture and color

I had a great experience last week in the Carol Riegelman workshop in Granbury.  When I attend a workshop, my goal is not to finish a painting rather it is to learn the technique the workshop presenter has perfected.

Now I am in the process of using the technique of layering texture and color on the canvas.  I can do this better in my own studio without all the distractions occurring in the workshop.  I can think better about how the texture goes on and the colors to exphasize.  Unique to me, I guess, I just create better when I am alone.

This is the beginning of a workshop painting.  Now it's time to add more color.

No comments:

Post a Comment